The Chicago Biomedical Consortium fosters collaborative efforts among the three CBC Universities: The University of Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago, and Northwestern University. As part of these efforts, the CBC aims to serve as an information center for researchers seeking access to specific facilities and services available in the Chicago area.
With the help of the CBC, investigators can now use core facilities at all three CBC universities at “in house” costs. CBC University Provosts have signed a pioneering Memorandum of Understanding (Open Access Initiative) that allows researchers from the three schools to access a partner’s core facilities without paying additional F&A charges.
- Memorandum of Understanding (Open Access Initiative) – Press Release, May 19, 2014
- Instructions on accessing core facilities at insitutions affiliated with the Open Access Initiative
- Core Facilities Directory
University-Specific Biomedical Research-Relevant Core Facilities Central Portals
- The University of Chicago
Office of Shared Research Facilities
- University of Illinois at Chicago
Research Resources Center
- Northwestern University, Office for Research