Updated: January 20, 2017
The mission of the Chicago Biomedical Consortium (CBC) is to stimulate collaboration among scientists at Northwestern University, The University of Chicago, the University of Illinois at Chicago and others to accelerate discovery that will transform biomedical research and improve the health of humankind. The CBC will:
- Stimulate research and education that bridge institutional boundaries,
- Enable collaborative and interdisciplinary research that is beyond the range of a single institution,
- Mentor and develop a strong cadre of biomedical leaders, researchers, and entrepreneurs in Chicago,
- Enhance and promote the development of the biomedical ecosystem in Chicago,
- Facilitate development of therapeutics that will, over the long term, improve the health of citizens of Chicago and beyond.