February 21, 2019 | Karen Snapp
TGS518 Commercialization in Context: Life Sciences Information Session a Great Success!
Approximately 30 prospective course participants, including students from each of the three CBC member institutions, braved the snowy Chicago weather yesterday, February 20th, to attend an Information Session on an upcoming course, TGS518 Commercialization in Context: Life Sciences, that the CBC is sponsoring in collaboration with The Graduate School at Northwestern and the Kellogg School of Management. Those in attendance were treated to an informative presentation from James G. Conley, Clinical Professor at Kellogg, the primary course instructor, who outlined the course contents and subject matter, along with why this knowledge is critical to life scientists with translational and entrepreneurial ambitions. Following James’ presentation and Q&A, CBC Executive Director, Jim Audia, provided the audience with an overview of the CBC, emphasizing the Phase 2 programming, including the Catalyst Award and Accelerator Award programs, and highlighting the Entrepreneurial Fellows program.
TGS518 Commercialization in Context: Life Sciences
- Spring Quarter 2019 offering, Wednesday evenings, 5:00‐8:00pm
- Regular meetings over a 10-week quarter, April 3 ‐ June 5, 2019
- Wieboldt Hall, meeting room 305, Northwestern University Chicago campus
- Weekly readings/assignments will require 1‐2 hours of preparation
- Group assignments (2), individual midterm case, and a final group project
- All course materials distributed through Canvas
- Alpha offering is no‐credit, Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory evaluation basis that will be determined by instructor
- All life science students (from all 3 CBC member institutions) eligible to enroll w/ preference for post candidacy PhD students
- Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis w/ above preferences
- HOW to enroll? Contact Liz Stein of TGS Elizabeth.Stein@northwestern.edu
Enjoy a few photos from the event. Courtesy of Nancy Tyrrell, CBC.